This has been quite the dreary and never-ending winter. With abnormally cold temperatures and wintery mixed precipitation, it has been difficult to kiss our parkas goodbye and bid spring a warm welcome.
Usher in this spring with bold floral prints and feminine silhouettes because 2014 is all about the girly-girl in you. Not sure where to start? Here are five essentials for this spring:
1. White blouses with high collars– Button-up those blouses to the top button; this spring it is all about the neckline. Tucked into a floral pencil skirt or high-waisted work trousers, this modern, crisp blouse is the perfect staple for your spring closet. White blouses can have the office, up-tight stigma but you can dodge this by picking studded collars or accessorizing with a bold statement necklace.
2. Fuller skirts – Ditch the tight, body-con skirts and accentuate your waist with a fuller, flowing skirt. Modernize the shape with a tighter crop top or a day-time bustier. These skirts are the best in floral patterns or pastel colors.
3. Fringe bags– Don’t worry, these bags are not comparable to hippie sacks from the 70’s. In bold jeweled tone hues or your basic neutrals, this fringe adds texture and character to any look. Selecting rectangular or square shaped bags will also help you avoid the vintage, rounded sack look.
4. Ankle-strapped heels– Give your feet a break and steer clear of mile-high pumps. This season it is easy to achieve a girly, feminine it look with a shorter heel, an ankle strap and a playful color.
5. Drawstring shorts– This spring is all about the sporty-chic, but that doesn’t mean you have to resort to gym shorts and Nike sneakers. Similar sleek looks can be accomplished with looser shorts detailed with a drawstring waist band. Floral or geometric prints, pastel colors and suede or cotton materials will give the look the necessary feminine, warm attitude. Paired with a graphic t-shirt or a basic tank and you’re ready for a day out and about.