For those of you who have been living under a rock and not yet discovered the awesomeness that is Zoey Deschanel in “New Girl” – GET ON THAT ISH!
In all seriousness, this show might very well be the best thing to grace my eyeballs. Never have I ever [insert comedic sexual reference from our teenager years] found a show that so consistently impresses me with comedic and insightful value. And it is not just for girls! The top three people in my life with whom I share this passion – including the regular exchange of quotes from said television show via text or in passing, coupled with no other form of communication or explanation – are all members of the male species. It is glorious. I will admit that the first season is not quite as clever as the second and third; however, I still wish I could live in this world of absolute hilarity.
Alas, I am not here to simply promote this godly production. Nay; I am here to profess my deepest wish: I wish that Schmidt was my best friend. Allow me to elaborate -Schmidt is a dapper young fellow with an abundance of confidence and worldly knowledge originally from Long Island, New York. He is outrageously Jewish and proclaims his Judaism frequently. My undying adoration for him will be expressed through the following sequence of images and situational appropriateness compiled for your enjoyment:
1. When I walk in to my mother’s closet
2. When I drink to excess at the corporate holiday party
3. Whenever I turn on the news
4. When I babysit kids who have never heard of Rugrats
5. When someone asks me how I feel about graduation
6. When I talk to my friends about their hookups from the night before
7. Whenever I go shopping
8. When I’m finally ready to go out
9. When I stupidly decide to wait in the car
10. When my boyfriend tries to sext me