Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons) is hands down my favorite character on Game of Thrones. Other than being an all-around badass, here are 10 reasons why she is the ultimate #wcw:
1. She’s not afraid to stand up for herself.
“I am a Khaleesi of the Dothraki! I am the wife of the great Khal and I carry his son inside me! The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands.”
2. She fights for those who do not have a means of fighting for themselves.
“You will release every slave in Yunkai. Every man, woman, and child shall be given as much food, clothing, and property as they can carry as payment for their years of servitude. Reject this gift and I shall show you no mercy.”
3. She will never let a man or tradition hold her back.
“I don’t want to be his Queen. I want to go home.”
4. She knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to say it.
“When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!”
5. She shows everyone respect.
“From this day forward, you will choose your own names. You will tell your fellow soldiers to do the same. Throw away your slave name; choose the name your parents gave you, or any other. A name that gives you pride.”
6. She is young, yet full of wisdom.
“If I look back, I am lost.”
7. She has protective instincts.
“A mother does not flee without her children.”
8. She knows what she believes in.
“I will answer injustice with justice.”
9. She treads carefully.
“It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone.”
10. She’s sassy.
“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.”